Scotland | Fife | Kirkcaldy | Historic Buildings

This page contains pictures from a selection of historic items, large buildings and houses which can be found around Kirkcaldy. Although most were built as houses, many now have alternate uses.
Milestone
Title: Milestone
Description: Although now marooned near the centre of town, this mile marker still shows 1 mile to Kirkcaldy.
Date: January 2013
Forth Park
Title: Forth Park
Description: This is the original mansion house which formed part of Forth Park Maternity Hospital. Built on land owned by John Nairn, of Linoleum fame, it was donated in 1934 by Mrs R. Wemyss Honeyman, his daughter. A maternity hospital wing was added at the rear of the building in 1935 alongside the original stable buildings, coach house and gardener's lodge. Over 100,000 babies were delivered at the hospital until the unit moved to the new wing of Victoria Hospital in January 2012. The main house was used as the Nurse's home until it fell into disrepair.
Date: February 2008
Forth Park
Title: Forth Park
Description: The side elevation of the main house. Owned by Daniel Hendry, a local merchant, in 1875 it was sold after his death in 1893 to John Nairn.
Date: February 2008
Station Hotel
Title: Station Hotel
Description: The Station Hotel has seen various uses including a Nursing Home. However it is currently empty awaiting reuse.
Date: December 2012
Station Hotel
Title: Station Hotel
Description: The main face of the Station Hotel on Bennochy Road. The building has a prime location opposite the Museum and Art Gallery and the memorial gardens and sits alongside the Adam Smith Theatre.
Date: December 2012
Police Station
Title: Police Station
Description: A view of the Police Station on St. Brycedale Avenue.
Date: January 2013
College Buildings
Title: College Buildings
Description: Originally Kirkcaldy Technical College, this is a view of the older buildings which now form Adam Smith College.
Date: January 2013
Victoria Hotel
Title: Victoria Hotel
Description: The Victoria Hotel, originally a mansion house, on Victoria Road has been extended with a new modern wing and resturant.
Date: September 2008
Bennochy Lodge Nursing Home
Title: Bennochy Lodge Nursing Home
Description: The mansion house was originally named Kilmenny, with driveway gates just to the right of the 20 sign, but has now been extended into a nursing home.
Date: April 2010
British Legion Club
Title: British Legion Club
Description: The old British Legion house and grounds have been converted into private housing.
Date: April 2010
Marchmont Care Home
Title: Marchmont Care Home
Description: Marchmont Care Home now occupies this former mansion house.
Date: April 2010
© 2005-2013 MortonDesign

Gallery Home