Scotland | Fife | Pitreavie Castle

Pitreavie Castle
Title: Pitreavie Castle
Description: Pitreavie Castle, between Dunfermline and Rosyth lies at the head of the valley leading to the Forth crossing at Queensferry. Built in the 17th century and later extended it was owned by the RAF during the 2nd World War and until 1996. The castle has now been sub-divided into private apartments with further houses in the stable block.
Date: February 2013
Pitreavie Castle
Title: Pitreavie Castle
Description: A view of the castle from the main road through the Carnegie Campus business park. The castle was scheduled for conversion into small business accomodation before being bought for private apartments.
Date: February 2013
Pitreavie Castle - The Grounds
Title: Pitreavie Castle - The Grounds
Description: This fine doocot is part of the grounds surrounding the castle. A sundial which originally formed part of the formal gardens can now be found at Inveresk Lodge Garden.
Date: February 2013
Pitreavie Castle - Battle of Inverkeithing
Title: Pitreavie Castle - Battle of Inverkeithing
Description: Memorial stone to the Battle of Inverkeithing in 1651 when many highlanders died.
Date: February 2013
Pitreavie Castle - Battle of Inverkeithing
Title: Pitreavie Castle - Battle of Inverkeithing
Description: Next to the memorial stone, this guide describes the Battle of Inverkeithing on 20th July 1651. It was the decisive encounter of Cromwell's Scottish War, ending a long strategic deadlock with the Scottish Royalist army under King Charles II, and allowing Cromwell's army to conquer Scotland. The view south leads to the Forth crossing at Queensferry.
Date: February 2013
© 2013 MortonDesign

Gallery Home