Scotland | Fife | Balcaskie House

Balcaskie House
Title: Balcaskie House
Description: Balcaskie House, near Pittenweem, has fine views over the Firth of Forth to the Bass Rock from the gardens. The house has been in the Anstruther family since 1698 and was orginally converted from a tower house in 1665 by the architect Sir William Bruce (see Kinross House). He created the house we see today and was also involved with the reconstruction of Thirlstane Castle in 1670.
Date: July 1992
Balcaskie House - Entrance
Title: Balcaskie House - Entrance
Description: This view shows the entrance side of the house.
Date: July 1992
Balcaskie House - Gardens
Title: Balcaskie House - Gardens
Description: The terraced gardens are a particular delight.
Date: July 1992
© 2005 MortonDesign

Gallery Home